Search This Blog - PAGES are found under "more" in the MOBILE VIEW

Translate

Thursday, October 31, 2024

Jody: Van Practice

Today, it did not rain. Couldn't tell because of the fog and cloud covering our part of the valley and mountain, but I waited until after 10:00 to go try to get into my van, but on the passenger side this time (didn't want to add slippery conditions to that attempt). The passenger side requires me to lift my weak leg in first. However, in the previous four weeks, several people have been driving my van - we had three of us looking for one of the two fobs. Finally found one (deep in my mom's  zippered purse pocket) and out I went.

It took me three tries, but I got in! Mind you, this is on a double-sided part of the driveway - up the mountain and up to the road. So maybe on a flat surface I could get it the first time? Regardless, I need more leg exercises and some balance exercises, which I added today. But I CAN get in without assistance, so I am technically free from this house IF I need/want to go anywhere.  I haven't tried my scooter yet though.  Hmm. Either I get on using my right leg (which I seldom do) or I lift my left leg up and over...have to practice those moves too. it I did get up and down the three steps in the entryway by myself and without my left foot dragging this week, so that's a step in the right direction. Pun fully intended!!

I also put my earrings back into the holes in my head today. One would think that would be a simple task, but it has never been for me. I don't take my earrings out unless I have an MRI that day, so I have always struggled with them, even after 40+ years.  Took me ten minutes for the main pair, and I am taking a break from the second pair as I type this. But I am tenacious. They WILL go in!

All in all, it has been a GOOD morning. Yesterday was  a blah and sore day - every joint ached - but today feels different. 

Typing update: I am now typing 30+ wpm, a few days in a row, but I can only accomplish those scores if I take the test after I have loosened up my shoulders - and therefore my fingers - after doing my hour of physio/chair yoga.  It make all the difference. If my grip is weak in the mornings, that is what unlocks it. I have also uncovered - using a non-timed practice run - that all "t" strokes at the beginning of words are counted as an error. Huh. I need to find another online test site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts...
If you are posting "anonymously" (no email), please end your comments with a first name or initials so that I know it is you!