Search This Blog - PAGES are found under "more" in the MOBILE VIEW

Translate

Tuesday, November 5, 2024

Jody: Steady Progress and Skyr

It has been a while since an update. That is because my routine hasn't changed much since Hallowe'en. Nothing truly noteworthy happened until today. 

FH Physio called (finally) and we did an assessment over the phone and Teams. I need to add a few more shoulder exercises to my routine. I will do that as soon as I can order a pulley system. Also, I am supposed to add some weights to my ankles now. Otherwise I am supposed to continue exercising as I am because it is working. I am much further along than she thought I would be after only five weeks since coming home from the hospital (it has been just over 7 weeks since the stroke). I have managed to lose 24 pounds since then, and I think that is also because of eating skyr every day since then - it has done wonders for my gut health! - which is important for my stage in life. So much more cost effective than buying separate probiotics.  A dear friend introduced me to this and it has replaced yogurt and sour cream for me. My afternoon snack is a skyr-based smoothie. It is very high in protein and low in carbs...and tasty. If you like Greek yogourt, check it out. 

George (the dog) and I have become quite close. He now asks for cuddle sessions and keeps my feet warm by lying on them. Who needs slippers with a spaniel? He's even warming up to the neighbour girl who is walking him every afternoon the he is not with Michael. The dummy growls at her while prancing out the door. He loves teens, but this one smells like his arch-enemy, the Doggo next door, who looks like a very large Fozzy Bear. He loathes her, for some reason. Thankfully, the neighbours don't hold this against him, and one of them walks George regardless. I am very thankful for such wonderful neighbours. 

Time to update that list ... or make a new one!

  1. The Day I can make a thumb-up sign...it is almost there.

  2. The Day I can wash my own hair.

  3. The Entire Day I can walk without dragging my foot.

  4. The Day I can put a bra on without help...and get dressed all by myself

  5. The Day I can get into the van without assistance

  6. The Day that I can lift my leg onto the bed without help and without losing my balance

  7. The Day that I can type again without looking at my fingers on the keyboard

  8. The Day that I can drive my kid wherever he needs to go

  9. The Day that I can hold two thoughts in my mind at the same time again...unable to multitask right now

  10. The Day that I can walk with canes instead of walkers


I can now type 38 WPM, so that's good. Just a bit below the average typing speed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts...
If you are posting "anonymously" (no email), please end your comments with a first name or initials so that I know it is you!