Search This Blog - PAGES are found under "more" in the MOBILE VIEW

Translate

Thursday, October 3, 2024

Jody: Milestones

 Losing one's ability to function fully on one side is scary.  It was/is scary or me, but also for my loved ones.

I have been old that the lesion on my brain-stem that is causing this IS expected to shrink in size, so I am trying to be hopeful about regaining my independence.  I am using both hands to type this post, slowly, and with many mistakes, but my fingers are starting to follow my instructions.  Gosh we use the left side of the keyboard a lot in English!

I am looking forward to the following milestones:

  1. the day I can make a thumb-up sign...it is almost there.
  2. The Day I can wash my own hair.
  3. The entire day I can walk without dragging my foot.
  4. The Day I can put a bra on without help...and get dressed all by myself
  5. The Day I can get into the van without assistance
  6. The Day that I can lift my leg onto the bed without help and without losing my balance
  7. The Day that I can type again without looking at my fingers on the keyboard
  8. The Day that I can drive my kid wherever he needs to go
  9. The Day that I can hold two thoughts in my mind at the same time again...unable to multitask right now
  10. The Day that I can walk with canes instead of walkers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts...
If you are posting "anonymously" (no email), please end your comments with a first name or initials so that I know it is you!