Search This Blog - PAGES are found under "more" in the MOBILE VIEW

Translate

Friday, October 4, 2024

Jody: Initial Progress

 There has been some progress with my motor skills this week. The stroke that caused the left-side weakness was around Saturday, Sept. 14, because Friday the 13th was an excellent day!  I didn't notice that I couldn't type until the 15th.  So that is about three weeks ago now.

In the hospital last week we discovered that my left foot wouldn't come more than an inch off the floor.  I had trouble getting onto my scooter and I could not lift it high enough to get into my Honda van.  Today, I can lift it the same height as my right foot while seated and I can get it up a step with a bit of drag.  It sometimes drags while walking when I am tired. I haven't been brave enough to go upstairs yet, nor try the van again.

I am going to add steps to my daily routine.  

I have been very frustrated with my left hand.  At first there was no grip, and I really struggled with moving each individual finger independent of the others.  This last Wednesday, I could move the thumb, index, and middle fingers, but could not make the ring or Pinkie move.  Today I can.  And I am typing this post with both hands.  My shoulders hurt; they are helping a lot.  More shoulder exercises are needed.

I took an online typing test again today: 16 words per minute.  Last week I couldn't do any.  Only upwards from here.


https://typingspeedtests.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts...
If you are posting "anonymously" (no email), please end your comments with a first name or initials so that I know it is you!