Oct. 23 (really)
Up to 27 wpm now. I keep making the dumbest mistakes. Why do I keep messing up the word "the"?? Also, sometimes the pressure on the keyboard with my left hand is not strong enough, so I get lost. But it is improving every few days, so that's positive. I find myself using one hand to write emails or some other piece of writing less and less, and instinctively try to use two hands. I even tried to text with both thumbs last night. It didn't work, but the inclination was back, so that gives me hope.
This week I have added some extra exercises to my physio routine. I have it organized like we used to do with aerobics "in the 19th century" 😂😂😂: warm up; cardio; abs/arms/legs focus; cool down; stretches. I find that the daily chair yoga routine is awesome at warm up, then I add in my own cardio, then focussed routines, then pick a past 2 routines for cool down and stretching. I have a playlist for the middle sections on my phone to help me with reps and timing so I don't give up. If I can get to this after breakfast and before lunch, I feel mentally better about my long, quiet days.
So many people ask how I'm doing. Well, I am still figuring that out. I have not been home all day or away from a school schedule unless on holiday, and I find it overwhelming at times. I am used to working with so many people, bell schedules, my kiddo's needs, etc. I am not used to being by myself for entire days, even after being on leave from teaching for a few years, because my son's schedule still dictated my day. Now without him, I find myself at wit's end when I have crossed my daily tasks off my list.
I can dress myself now - I've gotten the routine down from 45 minutes to 15 minutes. Honestly, my arthritis is what slows me down more than the stroke. If my knees would cooperate, this would be so much easier!
big day tomorrow - someone from Occupational Therapy is coming to assess the house and my progress - and next week, someone from Speech Therapy will video chat.
Oops! I meant to post this yesterday and forgot!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear your thoughts...
If you are posting "anonymously" (no email), please end your comments with a first name or initials so that I know it is you!