Search This Blog - PAGES are found under "more" in the MOBILE VIEW

Translate

Thursday, October 24, 2024

Jody: BIG Day with OT

 Oct. 24 - Jeff from Occupational Therapy came to the house today.

I have been approved to take showers - I demonstrated that I can lift my foot high enough now and the grab bars are helpful - so that's a WIN.

He took me upstairs - I used the elevator and George joined me 🐶 - and we negotiated the three troublesome steps - I can do it! My left foot drags a bit when wearing shoes (I think because that makes my foot longer) so I will increase my leg exercises. That is the first time I have been upstairs in over 4 weeks! The furniture upstairs is really low - hurts my knees - but the modified squats I have been doing this last couple of weeks have helped a lot and I can get up from those low couches by myself, so that's also progress.

He took me outside to the van and I can get into the minivan!! I can lift my own leg into the vehicle, which is something I couldn't do after the stroke, so WIN WIN!!  My GP will not clear me to drive for a few months yet, but at least someone else can drive me places!! I am not house bound any longer!

BIG day!! I can hardly wait to tell my sister and my son! 

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a big bunch of big wins! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing news! I am so happy for you.
    Lee-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s wonderful to hear you are seeing progress and working hard to have it continue. Pleased to hear of Michael’s situation during this difficult time. Praying for sunnier days ahead. ❤️ Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy you are doing so much better. Keep up the exercises. Will keep praying for you.🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete
  5. That IS a big win. Keep on keeping on, Jody! You got this. Sending ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daleduke51@gmail.comOctober 24, 2024 at 1:25 PM

    I'm so happy for you Jody!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing News :). Keep Going

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I knew who all these anonymous posters are - thank you all the same! I feel the love and support. 🥰

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts...
If you are posting "anonymously" (no email), please end your comments with a first name or initials so that I know it is you!