Typing update: 20 wpm for the past few days, so that's good.
I am still waiting for Occupational Therapy to come and okay the modifications in my shower so that I can take showers instead. And when it comes to dressing/changing clothes, the last hurdle is the cursed braziers; I know, TMI. But honestly, those 2 reasons are why I still need FH Home Care to come in every morning.
I'm getting breakfast and lunch by myself, drying my hair (which desperately needs a cut and style), looking after my oral health, taking all meds on my own, doing laundry every second day to stay on top of it, looking after physio exercises, doing my dishes, looking after my dog (just can't walk him), BUT I haven't yet worked up the courage to go upstairs. Maybe this weekend. Fingers crossed (which I can almost do now). My thumb obeys me most of the time.
I am also wait listed for physio therapy and I have been doing the exercises in the package that was sent home from the hospital. Today I added Chair Yoga before, and that was a game changer. My left shoulder actually moved today! Turns out, folding laundry is easier if one can use one's shoulders. My grip was better afterwards too. Yeah! Chair Yoga for the win!
I miss my boy. One or two visits per week is not enough. Thank goodness he has a phone and I can reach him when I need to do so. But I know this is the best for both of us.
Surprise! Walmart really does deliver in Chilliwack - right to the door! So that has been wonderful. I can keep my little kitchenette down here fully stocked and look after most meals for the day. Awesome. And it is cheaper than SuperStore and they usually have stock. So I am very pleased about that.
Mom and Dad came home with something, thankfully both are feeling a bit better now. However, Dad doesn't know much about meal planning. I have found a few services that deliver ready-made meals that just have to be heated up, and I am not talking about UberEats or SkipTheDishes. I am talking about healthier options to frozen foods or fast food delivery. I will let you know which ones work for us, in case you find yourself in a similar situation.
So far I have found
- Thyme To Enjoy, which is pickup on Evans Road - that comes highly recommended from a few people;
- Mary's Power Kitchen, which is pickup on Patricia Drive, so right in Sardis;
- Mama Michelle's in Abbotsford, which delivers to Chilliwack;
- Better Meals, which delivers to Chilliwack once a week;
- Heart to Home, which delivers across most of Canada;
- Meals on Wheels - not on weekends, and might not deliver to Marble Hill;
I did find other Vancouver-based services, but they are limited to Metro Vancouver.
Sending love and healing. You are one tough lady my friend. My mom had a massive stroke, as you know, and she is no where near where you are. And hers happened in 2016. I truly have hope for your wellness journey and I know you’ll come back to a state that you will be satisfied with. I love you and I love us, xo
ReplyDelete(((HUGS))) The doctors are sure that I will be independent again - this first year is critical. I am hopeful that I will be as I was by the first 6 months, and hopefully better by the first year.💖
ReplyDelete